We are super pleased to enjoy a partnership with an engaging, empowering foundation like 4-H. Here at Adafruit we drive ourselves to «be excellent», and 4-H’s motto is «to make the best better.» Though typically thought of as an agriculturally focused organization, 4-H today focuses on citizenship, healthy living, science, engineering, and technology programs. As far as inspiring the next generation of makers and leaders, we like to think we have a lot in common!
The 4-H Grow Your Own Clovers Kit is a charmingly easy kit to, well, grow your own clovers! Includes everything you need (except water, of course).
Clovers need to be watered daily. So why not add a moisture sensor to keep track how those little ones are doing? The Circuit Playground Express Soil Sensor Kit will teach you all about how to keep your plants in good condition, by measuring the soil moisture content using a nail and alligator clip, then display red or green LEDs on the Circuit Playground Express to tell you the state of your clover friends.
No soldering or tools required! All you need is any computer, laptop or chromebook with a web browser and a USB port.
- 1 x 4-H Grow Your Own Clovers Kit
- 1 x Circuit Playground Express
- 1 x AAA Battery Holder with On/Off Switch and 2-Pin JST with Belt Clip
- 3 x Alkaline AAA Batteries
- 1 x 38cm long Alligator Clip Test Lead
- 1 x 8cm long stainless steel nail
- Place peat pellet in separate container
- Add approximately 1 cup of water
- Wait for the peat pellet to fully expand
- Add more water if necessary!
- Remove casing on the peat pellet and place in pot
- Break apart the peat to ensure even coverage
- Plant 4-5 seeds and keep damp until seeds sprout
- Add plant food as needed (not included)
- Marvel at how cute your little clovers grow within 5-10 days
- Follow our step by step guide to make a soil sensor monitor with the Circuit Playground Express