This is a very unique sensor, we haven’t seen anything else that is affordable and accurate for measuring liquid level. This sensor seems like it would be a handy addition to an hydroponics, aquarium, fountain or pool controller, or perhaps measuring a rain tube. This particular sensor is the 8″ model, we also include a 4-pin connector and 560 ohm resistor. The connector is so you don’t have to solder directly to the delicate pins: instead, just solder to the connector and plug it onto the sensor.
Since the sensor is resistive, it is easy to read it using a microcontroller/Arduino ADC pin. Check the tutorials tab for a quick-start pointer.
- Sensor Length: 10.1″ (257 mm)
- Width: 1.0″ (25.4mm)
- Thickness: 0.015″ (0.208 mm)
- Resistance Gradient: 140Ω / inch (56Ω / cm), ± 10%
- Active Sensor Length: 8.4″ (213 mm)
- Substrate: Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Sensor Output: 1500Ω empty, 300Ω full, ± 10%
- Actuation Depth: Nominal 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Resolution: 0.01 inch (0.25 mm)
- Temperature Range: 15°F — 140°F (-9°C — 60°C)
For more information, check out: eTape Liquid Level Sensor Datasheet
eTape Liquid Level Sensor App note