We’ve upgraded our popular 4×4 Trellis Keypad kit with a super-specifically-laser-cut enclosure that turns your 4×4 ‘Trellis into a handheld Feather M4 Express-powered light/music maker! Perfect for your next cool interface, MIDI instrument, control panel… whatever could benefit from a glow-up with an elegant black and white enclosure and with beautiful diffused colorful buttons.
Thee 4×4 button pad board is fully assembled, tested, and communicates over I2C. With our trusty seesaw I2C-to-anything chip, you don’t even need to manage the NeoPixel driving. That’s right! Both the button management and LED driving is completely handled for you all over plain I2C. We have both Arduino/C++ and CircuitPython/Python library support.
This pack contains everything you need to get started. Includes:
- 1 x Adafruit NeoTrellis RGB Driver PCB for 4×4 Keypad
- 1 x Adafruit Feather M4 Express
- 1 x Adafruit 4×4 NeoTrellis Acrylic Enclosure and Hardware kit
- 1 x JST PH 4-Pin to Male Header Cable — I2C STEMMA Cable — 200mm
- 1 x Silicone Elastomer 4×4 Button Keypad
- 1 x Little Rubber Bumper Feet (4 bumpers total)
If you’d like to make the board portable, for untethered projects, you can pick up the optional, not included:
- 1 x Lithium Ion Polymer Battery — 3.7v 500mAh
- 1 x Mini Panel Mount DPDT Toggle Switch
Some light soldering is required! You’ll have to solder wires to the Feather.
Fully assembled 4×4 Trellis dimensions: 86 x 86 x 31mm