A super-specifically-laser-cut enclosure that turns your 4×4 ‘Trellis into a handheld light/music maker! Perfect for your next cool interface, MIDI instrument, control panel… whatever could benefit from a glow-up with an elegant black and white enclosure and with beautiful diffused colorful buttons.
Note: This is only the plastic enclosure and hardware! Looking for the rest of the set up, including the RGB Driver PCB, silicone elastomer and Feather M4? Check out the complete pack here!
To complete this project you’ll need also:
- 1x Adafruit Feather mainboard. It’s designed for use with any of our Feather boards (except the FONA) — so you can pick from Bluetooth, WiFi, high speed, etc. For CircuitPython use, the nRF52840 or M4 feathers are recommended. For Arduino use, any of them will work.
- 1 x Adafruit NeoTrellis RGB Driver PCB for 4×4 Keypad
- 1 x Silicone Elastomer 4×4 Button Keypad
- Optional but recommended! 4-pin JST cable to simplify wiring so you don’t need to do as much soldering!
If you’d like to make the board portable (say you’ve got a wireless bluetooth or WiFi feather…)
Some light soldering is required! You’ll have to solder wires to the switch as well as to the Feather
- 1 x Black Acrylic Cutout 1.5mm thick
- 10 x Clear Acrylic Cutouts 3mm thick
- 4 x M3 black nylon spacers 15mm long
- 8 x M3 black nylon screws 8mm long
- 4 x M2.5 black nylon screws 10mm long
- 4 x M2.5 black nylon nuts
- 4 x M2.5 standoffs 3mm long (un-threaded)
- 1 x set of Little Rubber Bumper Feet (4 bumpers total)
These acrylic cutouts come with paper backings on both sides (it protects the acrylic while laser cutting and shipping). You’ll need to peel those off before assembly.
- Fully assembled 4×4 Trellis dimensions: 86 x 86 x 31mm