There’s no place like home… and if you’re like us you’ve spent a lot of time at home over the past year. It almost feels like a whirlwind picked us up and flew us to a strange world, and we’ve had to adapt to all these new customs when really we want to return to how life used to be. And, maybe, slowly, we’re starting to make our way back. Until that day, we can stay at home and tinker with electronics.
ADABOX 018 is all about home projects with the FunHouse development board. It’s powered with an ESP32-S2 WiFi chip that can run CircuitPython or Arduino, so it’s easy to make Internet-powered sensors. And sensors are plentiful in this box, with lots of home automation-friendly sensor modules that you can plug right into the FunHouse.
Whether it’s tracking the environmental temperature and humidity in your laundry room, or notifying you when someone is detected in the kitchen, to sensing when a window was left open, or logging when your cat leaves through the pet door, ADABOX 018 is designed to make it way easy to make WiFi-connected home automation projects.
Here’s a No-Soldering Required Starter Kit for all the parts you need to get started. Now you’ve got no excuse for not digging in! Makes for a great workshop pack, hackerspace kit, or gift. You’ll need a USB C data/sync cable (not included) and a desktop computer to program with.
- Adafruit FunHouse - Home automation made easy with little or no soldering. Comes with light, pressure, humidity, and temperature sensors. Three JST-PH plugs allow for quick connection of STEMMA boards that use digital or analog I/O, and a STEMMA QT port for any I²C devices.
- Adafruit FunHouse Mounting Plate and Yellow Brick Set - This clear back-plate attaches to the FunHouse to make wall-mounting easy. Includes some M3 screws to attach with. Also craft a desk stand with these golden bricks.
- Infrared Break Beam Sensor - This invisible sensor can quickly detect when something is in between the emitter and receiver, up to 10″ apart.
- Magnetic Door Sensor - This sensor lets you know when a door, drawer, or window has been opened.
- Mini PIR Sensor — Plug into the front of the FunHouse to detect motion.
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensor — Measure distances of up to about 3 meters.
- Water Sensor — Keep wet things wet and dry things dry by detecting when dry things get wet by accident!
- 2 x JST-PH 3-pin Socket Cables — Use these to connect the sensors to your FunHouse board with no soldering.
- 10 pin, 12″ long Extension Jumpers — Plug these into your sensors when you need to get looooong.
- 3 x Wire Quick Connects — If you have your own sensors or wires, these quick connects are a handy way to attach two wires with no soldering.