Starter Pack Includes:
- 1 x Adafruit MacroPad RP2040 — 3×4 Keys + Encoder + OLED
- 12 x Kailh Mechanical Key Switches — Linear Red
- 12 x Clear Keycaps for MX Compatible Switches
- Adafruit MacroPad enclosure kit:
- 1 x Adafruit MacroPad bottom plate
- 1 x 3×4 Mechanical keyboard plate
- 1 x D-Shaft Skirted Rubber Knob (Same as used in https://www.adafruit.com/product/377)
- 4 x M3 5mm machine screw
- 4 x Rubber feet
Dress up your Adafruit Macropad with PaintYourDragon’s fabulous decorative silkscreen enclosure and hardware kit. You get the two custom PCBs that are cut to act as a protective bottom plate and a mechanically-stabilizing keyboard plate.
Use the included M3 screws to attach the bottom plate — it’s symmetric so you can decide which side you’d like to have visible. Stick the rubber feet on the bottom to protect your desk from scratches. Fit the 12 keys you’d like to install into the keyplate, they’ll snap in solidly and let you plug in all the keys at once. Finally, fit the D-shaft knob onto the encoder.
Lookin’ good and ready to keeb!
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 Chip + 8MB Flash memory - Dual core Cortex M0+ at ~130MHz with 264KB or RAM. Runs CircuitPython, Arduino or MicroPython with ease and lots of space for development code and files
- USB C Connector for Power/Data — of course this can act as an HID device but also can be MIDI, UART, etc.
- 3×4 Mechanical key switch sockets — accepts any Cherry MX-compatible switches. Individually tied to GPIO pins (not matrix wired)
- One NeoPixel RGB LED per switch, on north side
- Rotary encoder, 20 detents per rotation, with push-switch on GPIO pin. Push switch is also used for entering bootloader mode when held down on power-up or reset.
- 128×64 SH1106 Monochrome OLED display - On high speed hardware SPI port for quick updates
- 8mm Speaker/Buzzer - With Class D amplifier and RC filter, can be used to make simple beeps and sounds effects.
- STEMMA QT Connector — Allows adding any I2C sensors/displays/devices with plug-and-play cables.
- Reset button — On the side, for quick restarting of code
- Four M3 mounting bosses — Make custom enclosures easily