- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Low power module — only 20mA current draw, half of most GPS’s
- Assembled & tested shield for Arduino Uno/Duemilanove/Diecimila/Leonardo (not for use with Mega/ADK/Due)
- MicroSD card slot for datalogging onto a removable card
- RTC battery included, for up to 7 years backup
- Built-in datalogging to flash
- PPS output on fix
- >25Km altitude
- Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
- Power, Pin #13 and Fix status LED
- Big prototyping area
Each order comes with one assembled and tested shield, a stick of 0.1″ male header and a 12mm coin cell. Some light soldering is required to attach the header to the shield in order to plug it into your Arduino. If you want to stack a shield on top, be sure to pick up a set of stacking headers to use instead.
If your project is going to be inside an enclosure, you’ll love this shield as it has external antenna support. Simply connect an external active GPS antenna via a uFL/SMA cable to the shield and the module will automatically switch over to use the antenna. You can then place the antenna wherever you wish.
We think this is the Ultimate GPS shield and we also think you’ll agree! For more details, tutorials and example code check out our comprehensive tutorial
- Dimensions(PCB only): 69mm x 53mm x 6.7mm (2.7in x 2.1in x 0.26in)
- Weight (w/o GPS module): 24g