- MIC2941 regulator has guaranteed 1.25A output
- Low dropout, only 40mV — 400mV compared to 1.25V — 2.0V for LM317. This means you can use a wider range of output voltages including generating 3.3V from as low as 3.7V (such as 3 AA’s or a lithium ion battery)!
- Short circuit and overheating protection
- Input diode to protect circuitry from negative voltages or AC power supplies.
- 2.1mm DC jack and terminal connector for voltage inputs
- Two indicator LEDs for high and low voltages
- Output selection switch to select from 3.3v, 5v and Adjustable
- Onboard potentiometer for adjusting voltage from 1.25V up to within 0.5V of the input voltage. (20V max)
- On/Off switch for entire board
- Heat sink included
Project kit comes as components to be soldered to the included PCB. It’s not a difficult project, about 30-45 minutes with a soldering iron. Even beginners can make it! You’ll need a soldering iron, solder, diagonal cutters and a PCB holder such as a helping hand tool. Breadboard and battery clip or DC power supply is not included, you can use any DC power supply with 2.1mm plug (we have a nice one in the shop).
For design documents, instructions, parts list, etc. Check out the project webpage!
- Dimensions(PCB only): 54mm x 21mm x 1.6mm (2.1in x 0.8in x 0.06in)
- Dimensions(assembled): 54mm x 43mm x 16.6mm(2.1in x 1.7in x 0.6in)
- Weight: 16g / 0.5oz