These 6 Volt, 9 Watt panels come to us from Voltaic Systems, makers of fine solar-powered bags and packs. They are waterproof, scratch resistant, and UV resistant.
Using a high efficiency monocrystalline cell and outputting 6V at ~1.5A via 3.5mm x 1.3mm DC jack connector, they are a nice upgrade to the 2W or 3W panels we have been carrying. The substrate is an aluminum / plastic composite, specifically designed to be strong and lightweight. These panels can easily stand up to typical outdoor use including being dropped and leaned on. They’re very high quality and suggested for projects that will be exposed to the outdoors. These come with 4 plastic mounting screws which makes it easy to attach the panel, even to fabric!
We have a range of solar panels to choose from: Medium 6V 2W, Large 6V 3.4W, Huge 6V 5.6W, and this one we’re calling Colossal 6V 9W!
To connect, we suggest a 3.8mm OD/1.3mm ID DC jack or you can use this handy 1.3mm to 2.1mm adapter cable which will turn it into a standard 5.5mm/2.1mm DC plug
If you want to use this to charge a battery or run your project, check out our optimized Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger!
For some nifty ideas on what to do with your solar panels, check out Voltaic’s DIY page
- 254mm x 223.5mm / 10″ x 8.8″
- Thickness (without screws): 5mm / 0.2″
- Thickness (with screws): 10mm / 0.4″
- Wire Length: 282mm / 11.1″
- Weight: 309g
- Monocrystalline cells — 19% efficient
- Open Circuit Voltage: 7.0V
- Peak Voltage: 6.0V
- Peak Current: 1500mA
- Peak Power: 9.0 Watt
- Urethane coating
- 3mm Aluminum/Plastic composite substrate
Mounting and Cables
- Four screws on back corners of panel allow multiple mounting options
- Output cable is 8.5 inches, 22cm long and has 3.5×1.1mm plug
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all Voltaic products, click here!