Coming soon! Sign up to be notified when we have these in the factory for immediate shipmentMeet the new BBC micro:bit v2 — Upgraded with a powerful new processor that has tons more capability and also adds more sensing with a new speaker and microphone!
The latest micro:bit will fit right in to your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. More features, including easy ways to take AI and ML into the classroom, will be released throughout 2021.
It’s the same size and shape as the original micro:bit so you can use the same accessories you
Some new features of the board:
- A more powerful Nordic nRF52833 processor, lots more RAM and Flash so MicroPython works a lot better!
- A MEMS microphone, can hear the world around it
- A speaker, provide audio feedback, play tones
- Capacitive touch sensor, the logo now acts as a button you can boop!
- Power saving mode, double click the reset button to enter low power mode.
- To get a query looked at by micro:bit support engineers: http://support.microbit.org/
- For technical info and to try and find the answer: http://tech.microbit.org/
- To access a vibrant community of enthusiasts: http://tech.microbit.org/get-involved/where-to-find/