You can cut this stuff pretty easily with wire cutters, there are cut-lines every 5cm (3 LEDs each), and trim off the weatherproof cover with a hobby knife. Solder to the 0.1″ copper pads and you’re good to go.
They come in 5 meter reels and are sold by the meter! If you buy 5m at a time, you’ll get full reels. If you buy less than 5m, you’ll get a single strip, but it will be a cut piece from a reel.
We don’t have a tutorial specifically for the white LED strips but they’re basically identical to the RGB LED strips we carry, except that instead of 3 different colored LEDs there is only cool white so we suggest our tutorial on those
When purchasing a full reel, there will be two wires on either side you can connect directly to 12V. Be sure to try both ‘directions’ as the wire colors do not necessarily indicate which wire is the ground wire. It will not damage the strip if you connect it backwards so if it isn’t lighting, try the other way! When purchasing a smaller piece, if you have 4 pads labeled RGB connect the RGB pads together and tie those to ground and connect the 12V+ pad to 12VDC
- 10.5mm (0.41″) wide, 3mm (0.12″) thick, 50mm (2″) long per segment
- Clear weatherproof molded IP67
- 3M adhesive strip on back
- Maximum 12V @ 60mA draw per strip segment
- Max 1.2 Amps per meter (all LEDs lit full brightness)
- 3 cool white LEDs per segment, 20 segments per meter
- LED color temp: 10,000K+
- No microcontroller or chip controller (‘analog’ only!)