You can attach it by sewing through the clear plastic edging, or gluing the back to a flat surface. It is flexible but will crease and damage if folded. You can cut the panel up as long as the shape you cut out is continuous and has the JST cable attached.
This panel is a blue color when lit and appears blue when off.
Like all EL products, an inverter is REQUIRED to operate the panel Because EL tape has more surface area than wire, it requires a more powerful inverter. We suggest you use our 4xAAA inverter which is strong enough to power a single panel at once — plug it in and turn it on! For more permanent installations, the12V EL inverter can also power a single panel and run off 8xAA batteries or a wall adapter.
Please note! EL tape, EL wire and EL panel are made with different processes and so the color and brightness will not be consistent between the two: blue tape, blue wire and blue panels will not necessarily match!
- Glow Size: 10 cm x 10 cm (3.95″ x 3.95″)
- Plastic Size: 10.4 cm x 10.4 cm (4.1″ x 4.1″), about 0.5mm thick
- Panel lifetime: >25000 hours
- Operating voltage: 60-250VAC
- Operating Frequency: 50-5000HZ
- Current Draw: 0.14mA/cm2 (max) @ 110V / 400Hz
- Initial Brightness: 40 cd/m2
- Operating Temperature: -50 C / 65 C
- 45 nF per panel