The Electron is a small cellular IoT board made by Particle. This tiny development kit has everything you need for creating 3G cellular connected products. Includes a prepaid, no contract data plan and instant web access to your Electron with wireless programming.
- Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide
- 3 months of Particle’s 1MB monthly data plan (delivered by email)
- Antenna x 1
- 2000mAh battery x 1
- USB cable x 1
- Half-size breadboard x 1
The Electron kit also includes Particle’s development tools and cloud platform for managing and updating your new connected hardware.
GSM 850/1900 MHz for use in North & South America, and Australia.
Please note that the Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. For a full list of compatible countries, please visit the link here and see “Compatible Countries».
2G Global version also available here.
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: U-Blox SARA U-series (3G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0″ x 0.8″ x 0.3″ (0.5″ including headers)
Click these links for all Particle product Troubleshooting: