The ESP8266 started a small revolution by bringing WiFi to a small and cheap package that also had enough processing power and enough pins to get small things done. Then the ESP32 came out with tons of pins, Bluetooth support, and dual 240 MHz cores. Now get ready to take your IoT designs to the next level with the ESP-S2-WROVER WiFi Module!
The ESP32-S2 is a highly-integrated, low-power, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC) solution that now has built-in native USB as well as some other interesting new technologies like Time of Flight distance measurements. With its state-of-the-art power and RF performance, this SoC is an ideal choice for a wide variety of application scenarios relating to the Internet of Things (IoT), wearable electronics, and smart homes.
Please note, this is a single-core 240 MHz chip so it won’t be as fast as ESP32’s with dual-core. Also, there is no Bluetooth support. However, we are super excited about the ESP32-S2’s native USB which unlocks a lot of capabilities for advanced interfacing! This WROVER module comes with 4 MB flash and 2 MB PSRAM
For advanced users only! This product is just the module — which can be difficult to use. You’ll need to solder it onto a board with supporting circuitry. This module is for developers at this time.
Please note this product is for people who are comfortable compiling via the ESP IDF toolchain. There are the beginnings of an Arduino IDE setup and a CircuitPython port. We are providing these for the community of advanced hackers, coders, and makers who are willing to help make demos, projects, and tutorials for the ESP32-S2!TECHNICAL DETAILS
- ESP32-S2 embedded, Xtensa® single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, up to 240 MHz
- 128 KB ROM
- 320 KB SRAM
- 16 KB SRAM in RTC
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Bit rate: 802.11n up to 150 Mbps
- A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- 0.4 s guard interval support
- Center frequency range of operating channel: 2412 ~ 2484 MHz
- Interfaces: GPIO, SPI, LCD, UART, I2C, I2S, Camera interface, IR, pulse counter, LED PWM, USB 1.1 OTG, ADC, DAC, touch sensor, temperature sensor
- 40 MHz crystal oscillator
- 4 MB SPI flash
- 2 MB PSRAM
- Operating voltage/Power supply: 3.0 ~ 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: –40 ~ 85 °C
- Dimensions: (18 × 31 × 3.3) mm
Certification and Test
- Green certification: RoHS/REACH
- RF certification: FCC/CE-RED/SRRC
Huuuuge amount of information on http://www.esp32.com/ community forum!