Mod your stuffed toy to chirp, meow, or woof! This GEMMA parts pack makes it easy to add simple sounds to any plush toy, and especially the Sew-Your-Own Owl Kit (not included!) A tilt ball switch is used to trigger GEMMA to play a sound of your choosing (or write your own) through a small speaker, amplified by a transistor.
This product includes:
- 1x Adafruit Gemma
- 1x 3.7v 150mAh LiPoly Battery
- 1x Tilt Ball Switch
- 1x Adafruit Micro Lipo — USB LiIon/LiPoly charger — v1
- 1x PN2222 Transistor (for more information on the PN2222, check out our 10-pack)
- 1x Small Speaker
- 1x 220-ohm Resistor
- 24″ length of solid-core wire
- Three pieces of different sized heat shrink (1/4″, 1/8″, and 1/16″ in diameter)
This kit does not come with the plushie owl! We have a seperate kit just for that item, see below or use a stuffed toy you have around the house! You’ll also need a mini B USB cable, which you also likely have, or you can pick one up here. Some soldering is required, but its a fun weekend project and a good way to learn about basic electronic assembly. Check out theTutorial to learn how!