The Coral Dev Board is a single-board computer that’s ideal when you need to perform fast machine learning (ML) inferencing in a small form factor. You can use the Dev Board to prototype your embedded system and then scale to production using the on-board Coral System-on-Module (SoM) combined with your custom PCB hardware.
The SoM provides a fully-integrated system, including NXP’s iMX8M system-on-chip (SoC), eMMC memory, LPDDR4 RAM, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, but its unique power comes from Google’s Edge TPU coprocessor. The Edge TPU is a small ASIC designed by Google that provides high performance ML inferencing with a low power cost. For example, it can execute state-of-the-art mobile vision models such as MobileNet v2 at 400 FPS, in a power efficient manner.
The baseboard provides all the peripheral connections you need to prototype a project, including USB 2.0/3.0 ports, DSI display interface, CSI-2 camera interface, Ethernet port, speaker terminals, and a 40-pin I/O header.
We have support for the Coral board in Adafruit Blinka so you can use a ton of our CircuitPython libraries directly from this board for easy hardware interfacing.
A 5V 3A USB C power supply is recommended for powering this dev board beast.
Key benefits of the Dev Board:
- High-speed and low-power ML inferencing (4 TOPS @2W)
- A complete Linux system (running Mendel, a Debian derivative)
- Prototyping and evaluation board for the small Coral SoM (40 x 48 mm)
For more information, follow along the Get Started Guide
Note: Only for use in the United States
- Edge TPU System-on-Module (SoM)
- NXP i.MX 8M SoC (Quad-core Cortex-A53, plus Cortex-M4F)
- Google Edge TPU ML accelerator coprocessor
- Cryptographic coprocessor
- Wi-Fi 2×2 MIMO (802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4/5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.1
- 8GB eMMC
- 1GB LPDDR4
- USB connections
- USB Type-C power port (5V DC)
- USB 3.0 Type-C OTG port
- USB 3.0 Type-A host port
- USB 2.0 Micro-B serial console port
- Audio connections
- 3.5mm audio jack (CTIA compliant)
- Digital PDM microphone (x2)
- 2.54mm 4-pin terminal for stereo speakers
- Video connections
- HDMI 2.0a (full size)
- 39-pin FFC connector for MIPI DSI display (4-lane)
- 24-pin FFC connector for MIPI CSI-2 camera (4-lane)
- MicroSD card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- 40-pin GPIO expansion header
- Supports Mendel Linux (derivative of Debian)