Have you ever wanted to build your own computer but never knew where to begin? Now’s your chance! With the award-winning Kano Computer Kit and simple story book you’ll not only build your own powerful computer, you’ll bring it to life!
With simple steps and playful projects you’ll learn how to code art, music, apps, games and more. It’s a fun way to make, play, and express your creativity with technology — built and coded by you.
Kano’s kit comes with 10 plug-and-play components including:
- Raspberry Pi 3 computer
- wireless keyboard
- programmable light ring
- custom case
- power and HDMI cables
- memory card
- USB power supply
- and an illustrated story book and 2 sheets of stickers and case cards.
No prior knowledge is needed, and the Kano Book — a step-by-step storybook — is provided to help guide you.
Kano is being used in hundreds of schools across the US, UK, EU, Asia and even parts of Africa. Check out Kano’s educator’s page!
Some children between 6-8 years old may require parental supervision when reading the Kano Book and assembling the Computer Kit components. Children 8 years and older are proven to be quite self sufficient on their Kano!
Note: does not come with a screen — get the Kano Screen Kit here.
- Computer Board: Raspberry Pi 3
- RAM: 1GB
- 4 USB ports
- 802.11n Wireless LAN
- Ethernet Port
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad Cortex A53 — 64bit
- Graphics: 400MHz VideoCore IV
- 15m wireless Radio Frequency
- 10m Bluetooth operating range
- 40h battery life
- Dimensions: 250mm x 88mm x 17mm / 9.75″ x 3.45″ x 0.67″
- Weight: 197g / 0.434 lbs
- Operating System:
- Kano OS Beta 3.0 (Linux)
- Stand alone app store and dozens of apps
- Create using Python, Ruby, Coffeescript, Bash and more
- Create up to 10 different user accounts
Compatible with HDMI Screens. May work with DVI and VGA, but will require a Pi View adapter.
Includes lifetime care via help.kano.me