The Microsoft Internet of Things Pack for Raspberry Pi 2 is the best way to get started using Windows 10 and your Raspberry Pi as an IoT enabled device.
A collaboration between Microsoft’s IoT division and Adafruit, this pack’s the best way to get started using both Windows 10 on your Pi and to start doing some popular projects with the internet of things.
Check out windowsondevices.com for more information on how to set up Windows 10 on your Raspberry Pi!
As of December 22nd, 2015 this pack now comes with the November, 10th 2015 updated release of Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi. Click here to learn more about the update.
This pack contains:
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case — Smoke Base / Clear Top — We think it’s the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever — though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- Full Size Breadboard — In the past, we’ve used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects — but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you’re going to need some space — and that’s why we’re including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires — 20 x 6″ (150mm) — These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- Premium Female/Male ‘Extension’ Jumper Wires — 20×6″ — These jumper wires are handy equivalents of the male/male jumper wires — but with female connectors.
- Miniature WiFi Module — Official Raspberry Pi Edition — The fancy, official, and adorable WiFi Module, made by the Raspberry Pi foundation specifically for use with Raspberry Pi operating systems (and Windows 10).
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6′ MicroUSB Cable — The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Assembled Adafruit BMP280 — The assembled verison of an Adafruit Instant Classic. This breakout board has a powerful BMP280 sensor from Bosh that’s good for environmental, temperature, and barometric pressure sensing. This version comes with headers already soldered on.
- Assembled TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor — The assembled version of a longstanding Adafruit classic. This RGB Color Sensor with IR filter and White LED comes fully assembled — with headers already soldered on.
- MCP3008 — 8 Channel 10-Bit ADC With SPI Interface — Easy to use, SPI enabled chip that’s perfect for adding 8 channels of 10-bit analog input to your microcontroller or microcomputer project.
- Ethernet Cable — 5 foot long — An ethernet cable.
- 8GB SD/MicroSD Memory Card w/ Windows 10 — This SD card comes pre-loaded with all the Windows 10 goodies you can handle.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so we include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 1x Breadboard Trim Potentiometer
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 2x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor — 1.0uF
- 2x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 2x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
Here’s a good introduction to the Pi 2 and a few more learn guides that are worth checking out to start. While they’re for the Model B, they will all apply to the Raspberry Pi Model B+ and the Raspberry Pi 2.
- Introduction to outputs — light up an LED when you get an e-mail
- Introduction to inputs — play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors — reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes