Add a really really small printer to any microcontroller project with this very cute thermal printer. Thermal printers are also known as receipt printers, they’re what you get when you go to the ATM or grocery store. Now you can embed a little printer of your own into an enclosure. This printer is ideal for interfacing with a microcontroller, you simply need a 3.3V-5V TTL serial output from your microcontroller to print text, barcodes, bitmap graphics, even a QR code!
This package comes with a nano Thermal Receipt Printer and a 4-pin TTL cable. One 16′ roll of thermal paper is also included! The printer uses very common 2.25″ wide thermal paper, and it can fit up to 16′ of paper in the bay at once with a diameter of ≤ 22mm. The 16′ long, 2.25″ wide Thermal Paper Roll in our store works perfectly!
We have quite a few sizes of embeddable thermal printers, larger ones can hold more paper in the bay, but are of course larger. All are identical ‘code wise’, although some have slightly different baud rates. Check out our full range of thermal printers!
You will also need a 5 to 9VDC regulated power supply, that can provide 1.5A or more during the high-current print — our 5V 2A power supply will work very nicely. And also we suggest picking up a 2.1mm jack terminal block adapter which will make it easy to connect the power adapter.
We really like this printer because its easy to make Bold, underline, inverted text, variable line spacing, left/center/right justification, barcodes in 11 standard formats with adjustable height, and even custom bitmap graphics.
Of course, we wouldn’t leave you with a datasheet and a «good luck!» — We have a full tutorial and matching Arduino library that demonstrates the following:
- Printing with small, medium and large text
- Bold and underline text
- Inverted text
- Variable line spacing
- Left, center and right justification
- Barcodes in the following standard formats: UPC A, UPC E, EAN13, EAN8, CODE39, I25, CODEBAR, CODE93, CODE128, CODE11 and MSI — with adjustable barcode height
- Custom monochrome bitmap graphics!
- How to include a QR code
- Requires ~2.25″ wide paper roll
- Paper roll diameter: ≤ 22mm
- Paper roll length: 16′
- Power Voltage: 5~9V
- Protocol: TTL Serial
- Printing Speed: 25-70mm/s
- Resolution: 8 dots/mm. 384 dots/line
- Barcode support: EAN13, EAN8, Code39, Code93, Code128, ITF, Codebar, UPC-A, UPC-E
- Color: Black
- Printer Dimensions: 44.4mm x 78.6mm x 47.4mm / 1.7″ x 3.1″ x 1.86″