PaPiRus Zero is an ePaper / eInk screen pHAT designed for the Raspberry Pi Zero. It’s one of the first true low power displays for the Pi Zero mini computer.
ePaper / eInk is a display technology that mimics the appearance of ink on normal paper. Unlike conventional displays, ePaper reflects light – just like ordinary paper – and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely, even without electricity. Because of this, ePaper displays and single board computers or microcontrollers are a match made in heaven as together they use a very small amount of power whilst still bringing a display to your project.
The ePaper display that comes with this PaPiRus Zero is a 2″ diagonal and 200 x 96 resolution ePaper display. One fantastic aspect of the ePaper display is the fact they don’t need any power to keep the image on the screen. Just like a Kindle, you can read whatever is on your screen in daylight without any reflection. More information including wiring diagrams, datasheets & and links to example code are available at rePaper.
- An eInk / ePaper name tag
- Display the latest weather forecast
- A Pi Zero ePaper watch
- Display your own Twitter Feed
- Small dynamic digital signage (such as displaying prices for products in a store)
- Outdoor displays where you don’t want the screen to be affected by sunlight reflection
- Any sort of data-logging applications
Works with any 40-pin Raspberry Pi variant.
PLEASE NOTE!! The PaPiRus Zero doesn’t come with a stacking header for use with the Pi Zero! If you still need one though, you can pick one up here.
- Board Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5.5mm / 2.6″ x 1.2″ x 0.2″
- Board Weight: 9.7g / 0.34oz
- Screen Dimensions: 2″ x 1″ x 0.03″ / 55mm x 26mm x 0.85mm
- Assembled Weight: 12.5g / 0.44oz
For product support, questions and queries, contact Pi Supply at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use their contact form here.