This PiCAN3 board provide CAN-Bus capability for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3 way screw terminal.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
- CAN v2.0B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII cable
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120Ω terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Foot print for two mini push buttons
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- Optional fixing screws — select at bottom of this webpage