The Explorer pHAT is the perfect prototyping side-kick for your Raspberry Pi. Based on Pimoroni’s popular Explorer Hat Pro, this is a smaller cheaper version designed to fit perfectly on a Raspberry Pi Zero!
A heap of useful input and output options have been added that will take your projects to the next level. Great for driving motors, using analog sensors, and interfacing with 5V sensors & systems
- Python API
- Four analog inputs — A tidy way to integrate analog signals into your project.
- Two H-bridge motor drivers — Drive two 5V motors bidirectionally with up to 200mA per channel. Ideal with our micro-metal gear-motors to create the perfect little buggy! You can even soft-PWM for full speed control.
- Four buffered 5V tolerant inputs — Hook up your Pi to accept input from 5V systems (like Arduino Uno/Leonardo or 5V Trinkets). We’ve used a 5-channel buffer that will accept anything from 2V-5V as logic high.
- Four powered 5V outputs (up to 500mA!) - The onboard darlington array can supply up to 500mA per channel (but you’ll be limited to driving around 1A total from the board). Ideal for stepper motors, solenoids, and relays.
Kit includes: Assembled Explorer HAT PCB, one 2×20 0.1″ female GPIO header, and one 1×20 0.1″ female header. Some light soldering is required to attach the header on, or you can of course solder the pHAT right onto the Pi Zero
Raspberry Pi not included!
- 65mm x 30mm x 2.2mm / 2.56″ x 1.18″ x 0.09″
- Weight (assembled): 10.5g
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni .