Make a gorgeous video set up with this high-resolution 8″, IPS, 1024×768, plug-n-play HDMI screen kit with a display driver board that’s perfect for building into projects like arcade cabinets. The display’s 4:3 aspect ratio makes it a great upgrade for retro gaming builds. Or simply use it as a big ol’ dazzling display for your Raspberry Pi, or any computer with HDMI output.
Comes with a cable and little keypad to control the display and navigate the menu options. The pins are helpfully broken out on the board too, so you can use your own buttons if you like.
Hook up the driver board with 5V and at least 780mA through a micro USB cable or power supply, and you’re good to go. We recommend a separate 5V power supply or, if using a Raspberry Pi, make sure the total power is within the range of the power supply that is for both items since it will get close to 2 Amps
- 1024×768 resolution
- IPS, wide-viewing angle display (170°)
- 60Hz refresh rate (12.5ms average response time)
- Contrast ratio: 500:1 (white:black)
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2 (nits)
- Outer dimensions: 174x136x3mm
- Screen area: 165x124mm
- Weight: 125g
Display driver board features:
- Pimoroni-made display driver board (HDMI>LVDS)
- Keypad and controllable backlight brightness, contrast, and saturation
- HDMI input
- Power supply: 5V, 780mA
- Driver board dimensions: 65×56.5×8.5mm
- Keypad dimensions: 56×13.5×4.25mm
- Keypad ribbon cable length: 20cm
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products, visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.