In the beginning there was Inky pHAT, a triumvirate of eInk bonnets from Pimoroni. And now, Pimoroni has upped their electronic paper displays to 4.2″ glorious inches! Say hellooo to Inky wHAT! You get 5x the number of pixels (400×300!) to use as an e-reader or maybe a weather display / calendar.
Everything comes fully-assembled, so there’s no soldering required! The display is securely plonked down to the Inky wHAT and connected via a ribbon cable. Just pop Inky wHAT on your Pi and run their installer to get everything set up!
The engineers at Pimoroni broke out some handy pins on the back of Inky wHAT, including I2C and SPI, letting you connect additional devices like breakouts and allowing you to show their data right on the display. Refreshing the display takes about 25 seconds.
Inky wHAT is compatible any 40-pin version of the Pi, including Pi Zero and Pi Zero W.
- 4.2″ EPD display (400×300 pixels)
- 40-pin female header to boost height for Pi B+, 2, 3, 3B+
- Standoffs to securely attach to your Pi
- Additional pins, including I2C and SPI, broken out
- Inky wHAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled
Note: The Inky wHAT display is made from glass so it’s pretty fragile. Be careful not to hulk smash or press too hard on it, or it will crack. When fitting the wHAT, grip at the edges of the board rather than pressing on top.
- For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.
Product Dimensions: 91.0mm x 77.0mm x 8.5mm / 3.6″ x 3.0″ x 0.3″
Product Weight: 46.7g / 1.6oz