New! The Power Switch Tail II now is opto-isolated so you don’t need a transistor or protection diode. The input acts like an LED so its safe for use with any microcontroller or logic pin.
Please note, this is a safer alternative to wiring up your own relays but still requires common sense and knowledge of electrical circuits. Stay within the rated limit of the relay and de-rate properly when not using resistive loads. Do not leave DIY electrical projects unattended or where they can get wet! This product is intended to be used by advanced hobbyists who are comfortable working with power supplies.
- AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120vac with ground.
- AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120vac with ground.
- Switching capacity: 15amps @ 120vac.
- Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15 amps, 125vac, resistive
- DC input: 3vdc (3ma) to 12vdv (30ma), terminal block accepts #30-14 AWG wire.
- Operate times: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
DC to ac circuit isolation: 5300Vrms.
- Indicator: LED indicates when dc side is energized.
- Protection: AC side protected with 150vac MOV; DC side is transient free.
- Mounting: Two #6 screws on 2″ x 2.5″ grid.