This book will teach you Python programming and some basic electronics without assuming any prior knowledge of either subject. The book initially focuses on Python programming, building up a Morse Code example using the Raspberry Pi Pico’s built-in LED. Once you have mastered the basics of coding the Pico, the book will introduce electronics, showing you how to use sensors, switches, LEDs, servomotors, and displays attached to your Pico.
All the parts used in Programming the Pico: Learn Coding and Electronics with the Raspberry Pi Pico are available in a companion kit by MonkMakes Ltd. available here.
Discover how to:
- Install and use the Thonny Python editor and upload programs to your Pico
- Write simple programs to control the Raspberry Pi Pico
- Structure your programs with functions and modules
- Make effective use of Python Lists and Dictionaries
- Attach sensors, LEDs, servomotors, and displays to your Pico, and program them
- Make use of the Pico’s advanced input/output capabilities
Simon Monk has written over twenty titles on hobby electronics and sold over 700,000 books that have been translated into ten different languages. He maintains that the best time to write a book about something is just after you have learned about it, as this is the sweet spot between knowing the subject and remembering the pitfalls. You can follow him on Twitter, where he is @simonmonk2, and find out more about his books at http://simonmonk.org