For powering, a good 12V supply is key. The one we carry will do well for fixed installations. For portable use, we suggest a 8xAA battery holder
Please Note: these strips are weatherproof so they’ll be more rugged than uncoated strips, but they not designed for long term submersion in water, especially chlorinated water, or exposed to UV (eg sunlight) for extended periods of time. They are for indoor use or light outdoor use without direct sun/water. That means you cannot put them into a pool, lake, aquarium, etc. The silk-screening and LED brightness of the strips may vary slightly from reel to reel. Once the adhesive backing has been removed, the strips are not returnable!
You can cut this stuff pretty easily with wire cutters, there are cut-lines every 5cm (3 LEDs each), and trim off the weatherproof cover with a hobby knife. Solder to the 0.1″ copper pads and you’re good to go. The 60-LED strips use twice as much power and look twice as good!
They come in 5 meter reels, and are sold by the meter! If you buy 5m at a time, you’ll get full reels. If you buy less than 5m, you’ll get a single strip, but it will be a cut piece from a reel which may or may not have a connector on it.
We have a full tutorial with details, diagrams, schematics and code for using your RGB LED strip, please check it out!
- 10.5mm (0.41″) wide, 3mm (0.12″) thick, 50mm (2″) long per segment
- Clear weatherproof molded
- 3M adhesive strip on back
- Maximum 12V @ 60mA draw per strip segment
- Max 1.2 Amps per meter (all LEDs lit full brightness)
- 3 common-anode RGB LEDs per segment, 20 segments per meter
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm
- No microcontroller or chip controller (‘analog’ only!)