The Serpente boards from Arturo182 are low-cost development boards designed to be used with Adafruit’s CircuitPython. They’re open source, come with a powerful ATSAMD21 Cortex M0+ processor and a beefy SPI flash for CircuitPython file storage!
- ATSAMD21E18A 32-bit Cortex-M0+ running at 48MHz, not the fastest thing around, but fast enough for prototyping and simple applications.
- 256KB flash and 32KB RAM
- 4MB Flash for storing files and CircuitPython code — All 4MB of the storage are available to you, you can store your CircuitPython files as well as logs, images and more! When connected to a PC, the flash storage shows up as a disk drive.
- 6 highly customizable GPIOs - All 6 GPIOs can be used as analog inputs, PWM outputs or regular digital IOs. You can also configure them to be SPI, I2C and/or UART.
- 250mA LDO - The LDO provides up to 250mA of current for you.
- 3.3V logic and power
- Reset Button — Allows you to reset the board quickly and if you double press it, the board boots into the bootloader.
- Powered either from USB or external source. The Type-C connectors support only USB 2.0 signals and are hardwired to be a Sink only.
- User-controlled RGB LED — Each color is user-controllable with a possibility to PWM the colors.
- Breadboardable — The spacing of the headers allows you to use the boards with a breadboard, both as GPIO and power!
- Mounting holes on the Serpente female Type-C board
- Castellated edges - You can easily use the Serpente boards as CircuitPython modules.
- Design Files
- Hackaday.io Project
The standard Serpente board you see here comes with a USB Type-C socket connector, to use with any USB C cable. If you want to skip the cable, check out the Serpente Plug C with a plug type USB Type-C connector!
If you are familiar with the Digispark boards, you may notice some similarities. This is of course not incidental, the Serpente boards are inspired by the Digispark, both in form-factor as well as use-cases. The Serpente boards are meant to be used as quick and dirty, yet flexible, prototyping tools.
Comes with some standard 0.1″ male header unassembled.TECHNICAL DETAILS
Product Dimensions: 25.2mm x 22.0mm x 4.8mm / 1.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.2″