Svetlana Quindt (best known as @KamuiCosplay) is an accomplished cosplayer and author from Germany who uses her powers for the greater good, endowing the cosplay community with LED knowledge! Her guides are chock full of infectious enthusiasm and adorable Corgis, making it very easy for non-STEM fans to join the fun.
In this volume you’ll learn everything about working with animated Digital RGB LED strips (a.k.a. NeoPixels) and how to create mesmerizing light effects for your props and cosplays. Choosing the right materials, soldering microcontroller circuits, ‘programming’ your very first LED strip and building it into your costume – every step from start to finish! While Svetlana’s instructions are explained as simply as possible, please note that this is an advanced book. So if you don’t know what volt is or how to solder two cables together, go check out the first volume!
You’ll get easy step-by-step guides with gorgeous photograph examples, tutorials, and explanations for the following points:
- Introduction to tools and materials
- All you need to know about LED strips
- Getting started with the Arduino UNO
- Working with the Arduino IDE
- Understanding and editing the code
- Crawling, color changing, pulsing, and blinking effects
- Wiring your very first circuit
- Working with different modes and switches
- Diffusing materials
As well as the following work examples:
- Fallout 4 – Gauss Rifle
- World of Warcraft – Shadowmourner
- Heroes of the Storm – Nova