The starter pack contains:
- 2 XBee Series 1 modules (one for receiver, one for transmitter)
- 2 XBee adapter kits (ditto)
- 1 USB FTDI cable (for updating, configuring and receiving data from XBee)
- 1 bag of parts including 10,000uF capacitor, 220uF capacitor, 2 1% 10K resistors, 2 1% 4.7K resistors, 5mm green LED, 6″ rainbow ribbon cable, and 2 pieces of 1/8″ and 1/16″ heatshrink
* Please note, a P3 Kill-a-Watt is NOT included! You will need to buy this separately at a local hardware store, or online. They run about $20 each. You’ll also need some tools, which are not included. The kit is unassembled, and requires some light soldering to piece together. It is a moderate/advanced project and is intended for people with electronics & computer experience and are comfortable working around High Voltages
For a lot more information, including instructions and files please check out the very detailed website!