Built to last, and better than ever. The Series 1 3D printer from Type A Machines offers durability, modularity and one of the largest build volumes in its class.
Featuring a streamlined aluminum and acrylic body, a glass build surface and a precision laser cut CNC folded metal chassis, the Series 1 pushes the envelope in desktop 3D printing by matching a class leading one cubic foot of build volume with further improvements to the easy bed-leveling system and revolutionary interface for network 3D printing.
Thanks to the modular platform design, future users can look forward to easy in-the-field upgrades within the pipeline,including the introduction of embedded wifi connectivity, a heated glass bed, and an improved extruder with multi-material support.
The all new all-aluminum extruder is a game changer. The single piece melt path reduces clogging, allows for better temperature and print control, and works with a wider variety of printing materials, including PLA, High Carbon PLA and PET. It’s easy to clean and easy to replace, so you’re printing more and troubleshooting less.
The Series 1 is also ready to connect to a home network right out of the box. Using the freeMeshmixer application you can print with just one-click.
- Type A Machines Series 1 3D Printer
- Acrylic Side Panels
- Printer’s Wrench
- Spool Holder
- Hex Keys
- Small sample of PLA filament — check out all of our filaments in the store!
Check out Type A Machines’ getting started page, blog, and more.
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS’ new dimensional weight regulations.
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Hot End Type: Single Piece
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Hot End Max Temperature: 275°C
- Build Area: 305mm x 305mm x 305mm / 12″ x 12″ x 12″
- Layer Resolution:
- Final: 50 Micron
- High: 100 Micron
- Normal: 150 Micron
- Low: 200 Micron
- Draft: 250 Micron
- Positional Accuracy:
- X/Y: 6.67 Microns
- Z: 6.25 Microns
- Print Speed: 50-150mm/s
- Travel Speed: 150-250mm/s
- Processor: 1 GHz ARM Linux Processor with 8GB+ expandable onboard storage
- 766mm x 459mm x 572mm / 30.15″ x 18″ x 22.5″
- Supported Packages: Cura for Type A Machines
- Supported File Types: STL, OBJ, AMF
- Windows 32/64 Bit Vista/7/8
- Linux 32/64 Bit (Ubuntu 12.04+)
- Mac OS X 10.6+
- Device Port: 1x USB B
- Expansion Ports: 2x USB A + USB expansion bus
- Wifi: B/G/N 1GHz
- Wifi Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2
- 100MB Ethernet
- Operating Voltage: 110-240 VAC
- Internal Voltage: 24 VDC/5VDC
- Operating Temperature: 15-37°C / 60-99°F
- Storage Temperature: 0-37°C / 32-99°F