If you’re like me, you’ve dreamed of being a dolphin — smoothly gliding through the water. Using your echo-location abilities to detect tasty fish treats. Until genetic modifications catches up with our desires, we’ll just have to make do with these handy 3V Ultrasonic Sonar Distance Sensor and a pair of flippers. These ubiquitous sensors are really common in robotics projects, but they can also be used for automation, interactive art and motion sensing. They work at about 2cm to 450cm away, but we think 10cm-250cm will get you the best results.These sensors are fast, fairly easy to use, and low cost. Unlike the more common HC-SR04 series, this model can be powered by 3V or 5V and the logic level will be the same. This makes this model great for use with just about any microcontroller or microcomputer. And, its HC-SR04 software compatible so just plug it in and it works the same! (Note the size is different from the HC-SR04 so you may need to make mounting adjustments)
- If you need a version that also works with 3.3V power and logic, and has a UART output as well as temperature reading, check out the US-100!
- If you want the tried-and-true 5V-only HC-SR04 we have that in stock here.
You can use this sensor with Arduino, CircuitPython (for microcontrollers or Raspberry Pi) or MakeCode
We carry a large variety of distance sensors here if this fellow isn’t what you’re looking for.
- Voltage: 3V — 5.5V
- Current: 2.2mA
- Measuring Range: 2cm — 450cm
- Working Temperature: 0ºC to 70ºC
- Compatible with HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sonar Distance Sensor
Product Weight: 6.0g / 0.2oz