This is a Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer battery charger based on theMCP73833. It uses a USB mini-B for connection to any computer or ‘USB wall adapter’. Charging is performed in three stages: first a preconditioning charge, then a constant-current fast charge and finally a constant-voltage trickle charge to keep the battery topped-up. The fast-charge current is 500mA by default, but is easily adjustable from 100mA up to 1000mA by soldering a through-hole resistor on-board.This board is great for DIY projects because it has 3 indicator LEDs — one for power, one for charging status and a third that indicates when charging is complete. Keep the battery connected to the charger and pass power through the additional JST connector using the included cable!
- Comes assembled and tested with a free bonus JST cable!
- 5V input via mini-B USB connector
- For charging single Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells)
- 500mA charge current, adjustable from 100mA to 1000mA by soldering in a resistor
- Separate JST connectors for battery and load system so batteries don’t have to be removed for charging
- Chip supports a 10K NTC thermistor which we have stuffed as a plain 10K. For people who require temperature monitors (using high charge rates), remove the 10K and solder in the thermistor in its place
- 0.1″ (2.54mm) breakouts for the battery, DC, and status LEDs
- Free 2-pin JST cable included!
- Dimensions: 33mm x 35mm x 7mm (1.3in x 1.4in x 0.3in)
- Weight: 5.7g ( 0.2oz)