Witty Pi 3 Mini adds RTC (DS3231SN) and power management to your Raspberry Pi, and can define complex ON/OFF sequence with simple script.
It’s a small electronic board that can add real-time clock and power management to your Raspberry Pi. Witty Pi 3 Mini is a new member of the third generation of Witty Pi, and it has bonnet/pHAT form factor.
After installing Witty Pi 3 Mini on your Raspberry Pi, you get some amazing new features:
- You can gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi with a single tap on the switch.
- After shutdown, Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals’ power are fully cut.
- Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
- Raspberry Pi knows the temperature thanks to the sensor in the RTC chip.
- You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
- You can even write a script to define a complex ON/OFF sequence.
- Monitor external voltage and turn on/off your Raspberry Pi accordingly.
Witty Pi 3 Mini supports all Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+, 3A+, and 4 B+.
Witty Pi 3 Mini uses the same software as Witty Pi 3. You just need to run these two commands in your Raspberry Pi to install the software:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ wget http://www.uugear.com/repo/WittyPi3/install.sh pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sh install.sh
Each Witty Pi 3 Mini package contains:
- Witty Pi 3 Mini board x 1
- M2.5 x 10mm plastic screw x 4
- 4mm spacer x 4
- M2.5 plastic nut x 4
- User Manual